First thing first this is NOT a christmas card. I just happen to look the cold and the snow a lot more then the heat of summer. This is cool postcard that represents me. My idea fir this was to make everything seem cold. I even got some custom fonts to help the feeling.
To make it look nice i use a lot of effect. The one o use the most was a drop shadow effect where to would give the object a shadow. This was especially helpful on the branches to the left of the postcard. If the branches didn't have a drop shadow the nit would be really hard to see.
I feel like my whole postcard turned out great, but if i had to change i would like to put a very large branch going across the right hand corner instead of the snowflake. This is what i planed on doing when i started working on this but apparently a large icy branch with a transparent background doesn't on the internet. However that is the only complaint i have about this post card.

The postcard to the right of this text is my graphic design story. It has my name with some things i like to do in the letters. I also have my logo and a pencil case that i made a long time ago. My first idea was to have the past be the logo i made in my freshman year, but i couldn't find it. The pencil case was a substation, but it still represents my past. I learned a lot about clipping masks and making the images connect to each other. I don't think i would change this if i did it aging. I might experiment with different background colors, but as if i would change it to a different color i'm not sure. That is why it will probably stay the same. This has made me think bout how things should relate to each other and i will make sure to do it in the future.

No comments:
Post a Comment